Data Archiving in the Insurance Sector
Many insurers and brokers are saddled with a collection of costly legacy systems and data centres all trying to work together to efficiently achieve transparency, where complexities often arise when trying to tackle inconsistencies of data. That’s a huge reporting challenge!
When you migrate data to new systems you generally only migrate the current position or a limited number of years. Therefore, to support regulatory record-keeping requirements and the need to respond to the FCA as well as queries from insurers, claims and complaints from customers etc. old legacy systems and a reduced number of licence and support fees have to be maintained. This continued dependency and expense on deprecated platforms is often the bane of IT.
The problem with storing historical policy data in a data warehouse or back up files is users lose the ability to retrieve data quickly and also documents can't be stored or associated with policies and claims. As you know, maintaining data integrity is a critical requirement from both a compliance and a business perspective in the insurance sector.
The IDS Insurance Data Archiver
The solution was developed specifically to support our insurer and broker clients in decommissioning legacy systems to reduce licencing and maintenance costs.
It offers a cost-effective and secure way of storing all historical policy data and documents. Giving users the ability to quickly search and retrieve this information in a read only format in case of a query or a new claim being made. Supporting both regulatory record-keeping and GDPR compliance requirements with advanced functionality in managing data retention.
Outstanding accounts can even be settled within the IDS Archiver enabling systems to be decommissioned early.
Purpose Built for Personal & Commercial Lines of Business
The solution ensures your data stays intact, so that data can be traced and relationships between associated entities are maintained, ensuring everything is easily searchable and reportable.
Built-in Power BI data visualisation dashboards offer valuable business intelligence on data composition, policy and claims dashboards, user usage, accounts etc.
Perfect for the Aquisition Hungry Broker?
The IDS Archiver can quickly reduce your reliance on non cores systems
One of our insurer clients is saving more than £250.000 over 5 years by us decommissioning just one application!
CALL US TODAY FOR A QUOTE
+44 1245 608253
- By decommissioning systems early you can significantly reduce licencing and support costs.
- Reducing maintenance and key-man dependency issues in supporting old technology.
- Plus, limit storage costs in live administration system, increasing future agility to change systems.
- The IDS Archiver offers a low monthly hosting, licence and support charge for unlimited user access and discounts are given for multiple systems.
- Clients can be mastered from multiple systems giving a single client view.
- Based on search criteria data can be easily be exported i.e. to excel, csv files.
- In-built Power BI dashboards allow you to easily visualise and filter on the data and user audit log of the IDS Archiver.
- A large broker challenged with having data in varying formats across multiple systems is using the Insurance Data Archiver as means to get data into a common format reducing effort required to store the data in a warehouse and when reporting from. Data is updated daily from live systems.
- Our expertise in data migration ensures the implementation for each system into the IDS Archiver is delivered at a very reasonable cost and assured with reconciliation.
- Secure hosting and privacy by design.
- Specifically developed to support FCA and GDPR regulatory requirements.
- No long contracts with easy exit strategy after 1 year - it's your data after all!
- We are keen to work with clients and partners and welcome ideas!
ARCHIVE TELEPHONE CALL LOGS - AVAILABLE JUNE 2019
Supporting Users with easy retrieval of telephone call data and recordings,
providing evidence of what was disclosed incase of a dispute
linked to policy, claims and documents.
"Whilst maintaining limited licenses on our old legacy system it had become such a challenge for users to login when their was a query, and the software provider was not interested in helping us."
"With the IDS Archiver its so easy to find what your looking for, you don't need a programmers brain, its so logical to find individual records and corresponding claims, complaints, notes and documents etc."
Functionality at a Glance
|Modern web interface which can be deployed securely to the Microsoft Azure cloud or to your own local servers.|
|Protects your data in read only format to prevent tampering with secure encryption, access authentication and auditing mechanisms.|
|Data retention controls for GDPR compliance.|
|Advanced search and reporting capabilities by client name, policy number, broker, insurer, claims ref., document type, line of business etc|
|Supports incremental loads from your live systems, and masters clients from multiple data sets to gain a single customer view|
|Data visualisation dashboards and MI reports provide customer and business insight|
|Supports the settlement of accounts with customers, insurers and sub agents.|
Supporting GDPR Compliance Requirements
The IDS Archiver has been built to protect data subjects rights using data protection security including;
- Encryption during transfer processes ensures personal data is unintelligible to any unauthorised person.
- Data is not changed and acts as an authentic means to maintain integrity.
- Capabilities to search and extract all personal data of a particular data subject in order to comply with the right of data portability and accessibility.
- Audit Log monitors and records any processing of personal data, activity and actions taken. Reports can easily be provided to a supervisory authority showing processing is conducted in accordance with GDPR.
- Data Retention and Erasure Rules are definable by the client, for instance based on company policy and ICO record-keeping requirements for different policy types.
TALK TO AN INSURANCE DATA EXPERT TODAY
Book an Online Demo of the IDS Insurance Archiver 01245 608253
We have experience in successfully migrating data to / from most of the major policy administration / underwriting system in the UK and many bespoke systems.Managing Director, Paul Johnson