Cheryl Flynn has been the Sales and Marketing Director of the company for the past eleven years.
Career Opportunity: BI / SQL Developer
BI / SQL Developer -Data Warehouse, Insurance
Salary: £ £35,000 – £45,000 (according to experience)
Location: Chelmsford, South East
Start Date: ASAP
Permanent Full time
Sectors: Information Technology
Closing Date: TBA
BI Developer - SQL / ETL, Data Warehouse, Insurance
We’re looking for a talented BI SQL/ETL developer with experience in data warehouse development and a keen interest in insurance data analytics.
Based in Chelmsford, Insurance Data Solutions (IDS) specialises in delivering software solutions to the insurance sector empowering clients across all lines of business in making data driven decisions.
You will join an experienced team and get fully involved in in the full lifecycle of BI projects;
- technically defining client BI requirements,
- data analysis and preparation ensuring data reliability,
- developing data warehouse platforms, data marts, extracts, views,
- delivering actionable insight with data visualisation tools (such as Power BI, QlikView or Tableau).
This exciting position offers plenty of variety and is a great opportunity to progress your career within a growing company and in the fields on data analytics and insurance.
IDS has established itself over the last 13 years as a software company specialising in providing data services and solutions to the insurance sector. Our clients include brokers, insurers, MGA’s and insurance software providers.
Our success is attributed our deep knowledge of insurance data, systems and processes and our abilities to efficiently solve the challenges our clients face with data. Our repertoire of services and solutions includes data migration, data archiving, bordereaux processing, sanctions checking and business intelligence.
The IDS Insurance Data Analytics solution gives our clients a single version of the truth and unified view of their data. It includes a data warehouse and a web platform where clients can manage data visualisation dashboards and reports tailored to their strategic, operational and financial decision-making requirements.
Key Accountabilities of this position will include (but not limited to):
- Support full lifecycle of data warehouse developments including analysis, design, testing and implementation.
- Maintain and create tables, views, stored procedures and functions using SQL Server and reporting services.
- Develop dimensional and relational data models that are accurate, efficient and robust.
- Liaison with clients to technically translate BI requirements
- Help turn those into first class reports and dashboards using Excel, PowerBI / Tableau / Qlikview and SSIS.
- Optimise existing and write new SQL. scripts in the design and development of ETL to support the data migration team and support in testing and reconciliation to ensure that the data is to the required standard.
- Trouble shoot and manage the satisfactory resolution of any issues assigned to you.
- Use experience to mentor and train other team members and clients in BI technologies and methodologies.
- Communicate regularly with the team and clients on progress.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar positions
- Very Strong SQL skills including querying, building stored procedures, tables and views
- Experience of data warehousing environments is essential
- At least one scripting language (Python or R preferred)
- Experience in any of the following business intelligence tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlik or PowerBi)
- Experience of working with insurance data sets and data types
- Degree educated (computer science or mathematics preferred).
- Experience of the Microsoft tool set, SSIS, SSRS essential.
- Self-starting attitude, passion for technology and keen to identify where there is something else that can be done to support the end client and act accordingly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment while maintaining a strong eye for detail with good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills – as a team player and in gathering requirements from clients.
- Professional, presentable, approachable and confident working with clients
Required Tech Skills: BI / data warehouse developer, SQL server 2016, Cloud, SSRS, SSIS, MS Azure or AWS, (PowerBI. Tableau or Qlikview), MySQL, APIs, SQL for ETL, Business intelligence / data warehouse technologies.
Package and Rewards
An attractive package is on offer;
Basic salary ranging between £35,000-£50,000 depending on experience
Renumeration includes your basic salary plus bonuses based on your performance and company sales. Through regular performance reviews we recognise and reward employees with;
- bonuses for increased responsibility, commitment and workload
- Plus, flexible working hours, extra holidays, TOIL and overtime
NEST company pension scheme
Free Parking at Moulsham Mill, Chelmsford City Centre
Annual Holidays: 22 days plus bank holidays.
Training and qualifications package
Follow this link to our Insurance Data Solutions website: http://www.insurancedatasolutions.co.uk
How to Apply
Please Send your CV with Covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply now or call for a confidential discussion about this opportunity.
Cheryl Flynn, Sales & Marketing Director Insurance Data Solutions
TEL: 01245 608253
All resumes, CV's and enquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Moulsham Mill, Parkway,
Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 7PX
Telephone: +44 (0)1245 608253