Cheryl Flynn has been the Sales and Marketing Director of the company for the past eleven years.
Career Opportunity: Graduate Data Analyst
GRADUATE DATA ANALYST
Summary of the Role:
We are looking for a talented graduate who has analytical skills, enjoys working with data and is interested in developing a career in the insurance sector. Working with a strong technical team there will be plenty of opportunities to build experience in business and data analysis, ETL, data warehousing, analytics, software/web development plus gain insurance knowledge and the tools and training you need
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time 9-5:30
Remuneration/Pay rate starting at £22k
• On a day to day basis, your role will involve extracting and manipulating large volumes of data.
• Analysing different data sets and sharing the results with the relevant parties.
• Producing SQL scripts to resolve any issues that have been found during the analysis.
• Owning data quality issues that have been assigned to you.
• Gathering business requirements and helping turn those into first class solutions for our clients and the business.
• Performing testing and checking to ensure that the data is to the required standard.
• Facilitating the testing of the prepared data for business stakeholders.
• Managing the satisfactory resolution of any issues arising during the testing process.
• Communicating regularly with the team on key issues and progress.
• Support the production of documentation (such as specifications, data packs, user guides etc.).
Required Experience / Knowledge and Skills:
- A genuine interest in forging a career in Business / Data Analysis
- 2.1 or above degree in a related course i.e. Computing, Maths, Economics. Business etc.
- Excellent IT, analytical skills and an understanding and awareness of technology
- Solid inter-personnel skills – as a team player and in communicating with clients
- A logical approach and good problem-solving abilities
- Ability to deliver projects within agreed timescales
- Confidence to work independently using your own initiative
- Willingness to undertake and complete CII (Chartered Insurance Institute qualifications).
- Previous Knowledge of data analysis techniques and tools
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL query language
- Work experience in the insurance sector
- Completer - finisher, with strong attention to detail
- Solid people facing skills - able to communicate with business users
- Highly self-motivated with initiative and strong multi-tasker
- Flexible and able to handle schedule/priority changes
- Team player and able to adapt to working in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organisational, follow-up and time management
Package and Rewards:
As a graduate Business and Data Analyst, you will join a team of eight based at Moulsham Mill, Parkway Chelmsford. We provide all our team members with an attractive base salary (graduate start on £22,000k) and competitive reward packages based on regular performance reviews. On the job training and support to help you perform your role and progress your career will be provided. Based on regular performance reviews we offer promotions and pay rises for increased responsibility, commitment, and workload. Plus, extra holidays, TOIL and cash rewards for working weekends and overtime when required.
Free onsite Chelmsford City Centre Parking
Hours of Work: 9 – 5:30
Annual Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays
Training Package: includes CII (Chartered Insurance Institute qualifications) and other relevant training courses.
Please send CV with cover letter to email@example.com